Custom Software Development and Support
We build business process automation software using Microsoft technologies. We have built systems in a variety of industries to improve customer experience and employee efficiency.
The industries for which we have built software include:
New Software Development
We manage the entire software development lifecycle, from meeting with stakeholders and users to determine requirements to building and testing software to production support once development is complete.
Abandoned Software Projects
Many organizations rely on critical custom software that is no longer being supported. We can assume responsibility for these abandoned projects and either take over support with the existing software or build replacement software using current Microsoft technologies.
Here are examples of some of the projects we have built or taken over:
- Taking over maintenance of an existing custom software application used to manage a niche business. The original software developer wanted to move on to other projects. We made significant enhancements to the system and provide ongoing support.
- Playing a significant role in architecting and building a custom payment processing engine for dentists that allowed dentists to accept credit card payments as well as electronic payments from insurance companies.
- Building e-commerce websites both from scratch as well as adding functionality to existing e-commerce systems. Our services in the e-commerce arena have included documenting requirements, evaluating and recommending systems, implementing, and customizing.
- Designing, building, performance tuning, and supporting databases in industries such as: healthcare, retail, service, and manufacturing. If a database is not designed, tuned, and supported well, the best software will not run satisfactorily. We have built and supported database systems with 20,000+ users. This has given us substantial insight into creating and maintaining databases that work well with a high number of concurrent users.
- Integrating between multiple systems. Examples include: accounting, CRM, ERP, claims processing systems, HR, and point of sale. We have found that many business software systems do not stand alone. Often one software system needs data from other systems the company uses, or an event occurring in one system should trigger an event in another disconnected system. We have experience making these connections both in real-time, as well as in offline mode–where two systems may only be periodically connected to each other.
- Building a high-performance data routing application that processes 500,000 transactions per day through a set of complex business rules. These transactions come from and go to several different partner organizations. The system uses a queuing mechanism to allow for widely varying transaction volumes as well as workload prioritization.
- Database reporting and analytics. We have built, supported, and tuned data warehouse systems. These projects often included designing the warehouse and building extract-transform-load tools to combine data from multiple source databases into a common warehouse. We have, over the years, built countless reports ranging from simple listings to reports that included complex statistical models. We also have experience analyzing pools of data to identify trends, and we often discover insights that were previously unknown by the client.
- Building a business management system that supported multiple users and provided online and offline data entry for times when users were disconnected from the network. The client for this project had users who were frequently working in locations that had no wireless or cellular coverage. The experience we bring includes leading the team that built both the online and offline data entry systems, as well as the synchronization process that imported offline data into the online database.
- Building an order management database and web portal for a business that earned 60% of its revenue during holidays. The business owner was using spreadsheets to manage the holiday ordering and fulfillment process, which was very labor-intensive and introduced multiple opportunities for errors. The owner had engaged a software development company previously to build a web portal to manage this process, but the project had been a failure. Because of the failed project, the business owner was hesitant to trust another software development company. We were able to complete the project on time. The business owner said the project made the holiday ordering process much easier and less stressful. The client plans to resell this software to other businesses in the same industry.